Millennium Engineering and Integration (Millennium) is seeking a Full-Time Systems Safety Engineer in El Segundo, CA. The position supports the Safety Directorate at the Space and Missiles Systems Center (SMC) at Los Angeles Air Force Base, CA. The position will be responsible for supporting systems safety activities across the entire SMC enterprise to include launch, spacecraft, user, and command and control systems.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- 7 years of demonstrated DoD/NASA support experience
- 3 years of demonstrated DoD Space Acquisition support experience
- Experience with the generation and review of system safety procedures, analyses, and products for DoD/NASA programs in either launch, spacecraft, user, or command and control systems
- BS degree in engineering, math, or physical sciences
- Experience interfacing with computer-based database and schedule tools
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Some CONUS travel required
- US Citizenship required
- Active Secret or higher clearance
Millennium offers a comprehensive benefits package. Millennium is An Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. Millennium does not discriminate on any basis prohibited by applicable law including race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, citizenship status, or Vietnam era or special disabled veteran's status in recruitment, employment, promotion, compensation, benefits, or training. It is also Millennium's policy to maintain a work environment free from discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation.
Millennium participates in the E-Verify program.